Dress Code for Family Christian Academy
Self-discipline results in self-respect which is evident in one’s personal grooming. The dress code of Family Christian Academy is rooted in the Biblical principles of modesty and submission. The student must submit his/her own personal preferences in appearance and dress guidelines to those in keeping with the vision and mission of the school. Realizing that the dress code identifies the students of Family Christian Academy on the campus and in the community, adherence to it is a vital responsibility of both the parents and the students. Students who do not comply with the dress code will be sent home to change. The following guidelines are always in effect when a student is on campus.
- Belts must be worn with pants having belt loops. Each student’s belt should be visible at all times. Belts must be properly cinched around waist. No drooping pants or shorts will be tolerated. No oversized belt buckles are allowed.
- Students may wear black, white or red socks with their school uniforms, but they must be solid in color.
- Shirts must be tucked in at all times except the banded knit polo’s for girls and sweatshirts.
- Extreme hair color / haircuts are not acceptable.
- Hats or other head coverings may be worn only for athletic practices or special events.
- Clothing must have finished edges / hems and may not have holes.
- No oversized clothing is to be worn. Uniforms must fit at the waist and must be of proper lengths.
- Khaki, gray or black pants or shorts from any manufacturer are now permissible. Shorts must reach the top of the kneecap. Pants and shorts may be pleated or flat front. While middle and high school students must have belt loops on pants and shorts, elementary and kindergarten students may have elastic waistbands.
- Jackets still should be solid black, red, gray or white and may have one small logo on the chest that can be no bigger than the palm of the hand. Also acceptable is any FCA athletic sweatshirt, Hoodie, or jacket that is in good condition. FCA letterman jackets are also permissible. Non-uniform jackets must be stored in the student’s locker.
- Undershirts are not mandatory, but suggested. All undershirts must be solid white, red or black.
- Excessive jewelry, necklaces, or pendants may not be worn with the school uniform.
- Physical education uniforms (grades 6-12) are available through the office and must be worn for P.E. classes.
- No sweatpants
- No house shoes or slippers.
Pants and shorts should be appropriately sized with a regular fitting crotch: not tight fitting, not loose fitting. Sagging is not allowed.
No jeans or jean material (denim) is allowed.
No low rise, skinny pants, flared bottoms, cargo pants, stretch slacks, sweatpants, jogging pants, wind suits, warm-ups, overalls or coveralls are permitted.
No glimmer, shimmer or other color distraction is allowed. No rivets or decorative attachments are allowed.
“Slicing or ragging” is not allowed.
Hems may be cuffed or flat.
- Hair length must fall above the eyebrows on the forehead, not below the collar in the back, and not below the ears on the side.
- No facial hair is allowed.
- Earrings and other piercings are not acceptable.
- Boy’s belts must be black, brown, or gray and made of leather or imitation leather. Woven or material belts are also acceptable.
- Polo shirts are to be purchased from FASHION ERA. K-12 may wear RED, BLACK, or GRAY polos with school logo.
- Pants and shorts K-12 can be BLACK, KHAKI, or GRAY.
- Shoes: dark-sole leather shoes or clean athletic shoes with solid white, red, or black socks.
- Jumpers, skorts or shorts should be no shorter than two inches above the knee.
- Tight clothing is unacceptable.
- Girls may wear one small earring per lobe. Earrings should not be longer that one inch or greater than one inch in diameter. Other piercings are not acceptable.
- Bottoms: K-3 PLAID JUMPERS; 4-5 PLAID SKORTS; K-12 PLAID, BLACK, GRAY, or KHAKI shorts; or BLACK, GRAY, or KHAKI pants
- Polo shirts are to be purchased at FASHION ERA. K-12 may wear RED, BLACK, or GRAY polo or banded shirts with school logo. K-3 Girls may also wear RED or WHITE sports blouses.
- Athletic shoes or dark sole leather flats, loafers, Bucs, oxfords, with white, red or black socks. Sandals, open toed shoes, and slides with open backs are unacceptable. Boots are unacceptable.
- Red, white, black or flesh colored tights (leggings) are allowed in cold weather, but thermal underwear is not allowed.
- No folding or blousing of shirts is allowed.
- Girl’s belts must be black, brown or gray and should not be ornamented in any way. Woven or material belts are also acceptable.
1st offense: Warning and parental notification
2nd offense: Detention and parental notification
3rd offense: Student is not allowed to attend class until properly dressed and parental conference scheduled.
4th offence: Suspension, no credit for missed work, parental conference scheduled and possible expulsion.
- Student Attendance
- Health Policy
- Dress Code
- Student Discipline, Regulations
- Student Progress
- Visitor's Policy
- General Policies
- Admission to Kindergarten
- Admission to 1-5th Grade
- Admission to 6-12th Grade
- Requirements for Parents