Health Policy for Family Christian Academy
General Health Rules
Family Christian Academy maintains a healthy environment for all faculty, staff, and students. Therefore, the following general health rules will be adhered to:
- All parents must maintain proof of immunization for their children in accordance with our state's laws.
- No medication will be administered by the school faculty. Required prescriptions must be kept in the school office and administered there.
- All new students and student athletes will be required to undergo a physician's physical examination at the beginning of the school year.
- Parents should report all contagious illnesses to the school.
- Ill children should be symptom and fever free for at least 24 hours before returning to school.
- In extreme emergencies, students will be transported to Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center.
All students must submit a current Louisiana State Verified Immunization Record (SVI) prior to their enrollment at Family Christian Academy. To obtain your SVI record, take your existing immunization records to your local health unit. Your local health unit will include this information in a statewide database and issue a SVI record to you.
- Student Attendance
- Health Policy
- Dress Code
- Student Discipline, Regulations
- Student Progress
- Visitor's Policy
- General Policies
- Admission to Kindergarten
- Admission to 1-5th Grade
- Admission to 6-12th Grade
- Requirements for Parents