The administration at Family Christian Academy would like to thank each of you for allowing us to play a vital role in your child’s education and development. The past several years have been filled with many accomplishments, and we would like to draw your attention to some of our student and faculty achievements:
The FCA administration and staff are already looking forward to further improving the academic and elective course offerings and changes for the upcoming school year:
- FCA offers a wide variety of clubs in which students can participate.
- Math and Science, Bible, Yearbook, Chess, Quiz Bowl, and Sign Language
- FCA offers honors mathematics, science, and English classes.
- Students who participate in these honors classes have achieved an average ACT composite score of over a 30, placing them in the top 5% of students nationwide.
- One of our students earned a school record-setting 35 on the ACT, placing him in the top 0.1% of students nationwide.
- During the past three years, over 75% of our graduating seniors have qualified for TOPS.
- FCA serves as a state/district testing site, offering one test each semester.
- FCA offers up to 23 hours of College-Credit Dual Enrollment Classes through LSU.
- Multiple students placed at District and State Literary Rally.
- Advanced Math, Calculus I, Calculus II, Spanish I, English II, Physical Science, Physics, World History, English IV, and Computer Science
- One of our students placed second in the 12th-Grade BETA Mathematics Competition.
- Several students placed in the top 10 of over 50 competitors in Algebra 1 and Geometry, and one student placed in the top 10 in the Upper Division Mathematics competition at the LSU Mathematics competition. Nearly all students attending the competition earned “honorable mention,” which signifies excellent performance on the exam.
In addition to these new academic opportunities and to provide your child with the most well-rounded education possible, Family Christian Academy will continue its tradition of success in the athletic programs. Athletic success at Family Christian Academy has always been a staple of our school. FCA has been successful in all our major sports (Boys and Girls Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Volleyball, and Track and Field), securing 5 Total State Championships, 3 State Runner-up finishes, and over 20 Final Four appearances. Family Christian Academy continues to be an excellent institution for Student-Athletes to compete for championships as well as be recognized individually. In just the 2018-2019 school year, FCA had 25 All-District selections, 5 All-State selections, an All-Metro Selection, and several Academic All-State selections. We currently have one committed senior for college athletics, as well as several more senior athletes poised to commit to collegiate athletics. FCA offers the opportunity for your child to both experience the comradery that a successful athletic program provides and secure a high-quality education, which the future demands.
- FCA will be expanding the honors curriculum into middle school to better prepare students for the rigor of honors high school and dual enrollment courses.
- FCA is looking forward to offering a Driver’s Education Course on campus.
- FCA will be significantly expanding its Accelerated Reading offerings by subscribing to an extensive digital library.
- Tele-productions will be expanding to allow middle school students to participate.
With highly qualified educators, low student-to-teacher ratios, competitive tuition, and a wide variety of extracurricular activities, we believe your son or daughter will be given every tool necessary to carve out a successful future following graduation at Family Christian Academy. As we continue to grow as a school, we will leverage each opportunity to ensure that we are the best possible education for your children. We sincerely hope that you will continue to entrust your son or daughter’s future to us.
Family Christian Academy Administration